Tuesday, November 13, 2012

my sick day

Last week John had the stomach flu... I felt bad that he wasn't feeling very good at all, but honestly, I LOVED playing housewife and taking care of him. I fed him chicken noodle soup and everything! I think he enjoyed the banana popsicles and peach yogurt more though. For anybody who doesn't know, yoplait has the yummiest peach yogurt! 
Well... I guess it's my turn now. I was up in the night, with nausea and it hasn't stopped. That's not even the worst part though! John is doing a 24 hour shift at the fire station today so he can't even be here to take care of me. Don't worry though I've been snacking on saltine crackers all morning because he told me I should try to eat something. We'll see if I can keep them down! 
In honor of the final twilight movie coming out this week, I've been having a marathon by myself. I'm not the biggest twilight fan but I will admit I'm excited to see the new movie. I've been working on convincing John to come to the premier with me. Wish me luck on that one...
Does anybody use essential oils? Well I've made myself some peppermint tea for my stomach using doTERRA's peppermint oil. I just boil some water and put a drop of peppermint in it. You can add some stevia or honey to sweeten it up if you would like. Or you can just rub some on your stomach and it helps. Just be sure to put some kind of lotion or massage oil on first to dilute it because the peppermint is so strong and can burn your skin. I use coconut oil for that! 
My Mom and sisters are really into essential oils. I have a few of my own, all from doTERRA. My favorites are peppermint, lavender, melaleuca, and their own mix of oils called on guard. Everyone of their oils is all natural and each are used for different healing remedies. Check out their website! I highly recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. Its true.. The peach is the best! I'm sorry your sick sister! Call me if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I love doterra oils!! I am starting to feel like I am getting sick, so I am using my oils and hoping to kick this! Peppermint is one of my faves, especially smelling it! :)

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...